Friday, September 13, 2013

Highlights

Well I started a blog, so I guess that means I need to blog some :)

We had our 31 week appointment today and baby Wills is up to 3 pounds and 11 ounces. His heart rate was good, too. And so far no swelling for this mama (who had preeclampsia with my last pregnancy). We had such a peace about this appointment today and God blessed us with good news and we take it as a pure gift from Him on this journey. It lifted our spirits and hearts. 

I'm at my parents house for the night because Fenley and Walt went to West to help his dad with peanuts tomorrow morning. I can honestly say Walt is home to me now and that's a good feeling (no offense, mom and dad). Nothing is as fun without him. I guess I'll keep him :)

There are a few highlights to life right now... No matter the dark season you think you are in, there are always bright spots. A few of my current highlights:

1) Shout out to Fenley Grace and her awesome hair styling skills with her My Little Pony horses. It's amazing to watch her play and how she wants me fully there...as in "both feet on the bed" or "booty on the floor" or "watch me, mama". She loves my full attention and makes my life as a mama feel pretty special. 

2) I looked up the definition of marvelous again and it occurred to me to read the antonyms of marvelous. The opposite of marvelous is: commonplace, awful. So we know this story God is writing isn't commonplace or awful. He has not lifted the curtain to the ending yet but is revealing tidbits along the way. I love that about Him!

3) The encouragement from our families, friends and even people we have never met or rarely see has been remarkable. And so humbling. We got a card in the mail the other day that we actually didnt know who it was from and it was a very cool feeling. I could go on and on... Just know the thoughtfulness and support and prayers are so beyond appreciated. 

4) We found a photographer that does sessions for families that may not have long with their babies. I am obsessed with her work and she just so happens to be certified to do the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep (an organization that is AMAZING and I didn't even know it existed before any of this) sessions in addition to her awesome regular work. Her name is Jennifer Rutledge and we have not met yet but we have already bonded through email. I asked her about when to mail her our deposit and she replied that she does this as a gift to the family. Which made me cry very happy tears. I told Walt it was the first time that I had felt like "the least of these", someone serving us in a way we could not repay them. (www.rutledgephotography.com)

5) A pastor at Pinelake who will remain nameless :) has tended to us so boldly in Christ. He has been our Paul in this. Keeping our theology in check, making sure we don't go down any "is this my fault?" roads. Loving on us through the Word and reminding us of REAL truth. He calls us out when our thinking is off and points us back to Christ and the work on the cross. Our meetings have proven to provide much energy for this chapter God is writing. 

6) I have discovered eggless cookie dough. From Fresh Market and worth every penny ($7.99 for a pint). I'm convinced a pregnant woman invented this stuff. 

7) One of my favorite parts of the day is hearing the garage door open around 5:30 or 6:00... Knowing Walt is home to hang out with his girls :) we would go to work with him every day if he would let us. The days we get to meet him for lunch (usually somewhere glamorous like Chickfila) are so fun. Fenley instantly leaves me in the dust and turns into a major daddy's girl.

8) Baby Wills has hair! We can see it on the ultrasound! I am getting REALLY excited about meeting this baby boy. He and I will have a bond that lasts past a lifetime and that I know to be true.

9) Last and absolutely not least... When I open my bible and am feeling despair set in, but I choose to dig in instead of worry. And that mustard seed of faith kicks in and I KNOW God will meet me in this quiet space, and then He shows up and rains on my dry and thirsty land. He quenches my thirst and bears me up. Every. Single. Time. He is taking really good care of me and I am humbled and grateful.

To wrap up with some truth :) Good night, little world! 

"The LORD is good,
A strong refuge when trouble comes. 
He is close to those who trust in Him,"
Nahum 1:7

"Since He Himself has gone through suffering and testing, He is able to help us when we are being tested."
Hebrews 2:18

"So don't be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom."
Luke 12:32

No comments:

Post a Comment