Thursday, October 24, 2013

Marvelous Joy

Hey y'all :)

Wish you could all see this story unfold from start to finish and hear every story of God's faithfulness. I'm crying just thinking of how loved we are in this.

I hesitate to write. I want to do Wills' story justice and be a good steward of our time with him and the story he and God are writing. I feel God just telling me to be myself...so that's what I'll do.

Wills' doctor, who has a heart for T18, was so motivated to get Wills home for us. No other doctor would have that mission for us. He has not been at our hospital for 6 months... Monday was his first day back and we were home by Tuesday. I cry thinking of him and the gift he was motivated for us to have...time at home with Wills. And we are headed into night 3 :) thank you Doctor...for letting God keep your heart so tender.

To moms ever facing the news of a fatal diagnosis for the baby in your womb... The doctors (most, anyway) are speaking of their PHYSICAL bodies. They can tell nothing of your child's spirit :) I encourage you to anticipate pregnancy with the sweetest joy at getting to meet your child's SPIRIT - we all have shells that are dying...but the spirit is a whole other story. I have spent the best 7 days of my life learning about who my son is. I talk to his strong and mighty spirit, not his tired and sick body. He's so much more than that. Doctors know physical. God knows heart. Let God guide every decision you make...

Prayer requests... Patience between me and Walt as these two non medical people navigate this very medical time. Skilled hands. Peaceful hearts. Perspective. We miss Fenley. Pray for her please that we protect her from our heartache as best we can. Our bodies can't quite keep up with our spirits either so pray for strength for all four of us. Pray we continue to see God's perfect gracious hand and that we keep asking Him to give us the sweetest gifts each day - through Wills.

Pray for Wills. Pray he thrives! Pray that he knows how much I love him. Pray he can supernaturally feel our love for him. 

Praise God with us. Seriously, would you just full blown worship and happy dance with us for how good God is? Tell Him thank you for us. Help us shine more glory to Heaven! 

I got peed on :) when I found out Wills was a boy I had moms start telling me get ready to get peed on all the time during diaper changes. Fast forward to the NICU... The precious nurses there let me change his diaper when I was in there. Each time I changed him I lingered wanting to get peed on. Call me crazy, I don't care :) our 3rd day, I prayed that The Lord would let me get peed on. Held him for about 12 hours that day as I was getting discharged the next day. When they picked him up each time to do his vitals, I stood to change his diaper... still no pee. Then one time they came to get him for vitals and when they picked him up, my tank top was SOAKED! He peed all out of his diaper and all over both of us :) I didn't get a trickle, I got drenched. I just cried and thanked God and Walt may have to have an intervention to make me wash that tank top :)

So many stories to tell... Just know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God adores His children, rewards their faithfulness and provides magnificently. He is amazing and we are in awe. Each breath Wills takes tells me to keep asking for God to show up and give us more stories to tell on this earth on their behalf. He and God are up to a very cool work in the Heavenlies...

In marvelous joy,
Lauren Bowie :)

My Wills is in his crib!

His birthday cake

Oh ya know, just watching a movie together at midnight!

Baby dedication in our backyard :) best feeling EVER...God was tangibly there. Still is.

In the backseat of a CAR!!! Daddy drove 11mph :)

Sondra, one of our awesome nurses reading him bible stories...

Sissy love!

Daddy admiring him in his crib before his one week birthday... Be still my heart...







No comments:

Post a Comment